Sai Baba EXPOSED!

12 January 2006

The Shirdi Inheritance

With regards to the latest article about Sathya Sai followers being sued by Shirdi Sai followers, I found this to be particularly interesting:

The devotees of the Southern guru say Sai Baba had said that he will be reborn eight years after his Samadhi and meet his followers to solve their problems.

The main problem with this is that five of Shirdi Sai's famous Eleven Sayings go as follows:

  • I shall be ever active and vigorous even after leaving this earthly body.
  • My tomb shall bless and speak the needs of my devotees.
  • I shall be active and vigorous even from my tomb.
  • My mortal remains would speak from my tomb.
  • I am Ever living to help and guide all, who come to me, who surrender to me and who seek refuge in me.
There is the issue of Hari Sitaram Dikshit, a prominent devotee at Shirdi, who went on the record to tell of how Shirdi Sai personally told him that he (Shirdi Baba) would appear again as an eight-year-old boy. This is indeed puzzling, and has been recorded in the book 'Shri Sai Baba's Charters & Sayings' by B.V. Narasimhaswami. But if you look carefully at that particular section of the book, you'll see Shirdi Baba saying a lot of other strange things that aren't taken very seriously by his devotees. Why, then, should this "eight year old boy" comment be taken seriously given the famous sayings as listed above?

Sathya Sai contends that Dikshit forgot what Shirdi Baba had told him, and that Shirdi Baba had actually stated that he would be born again - as a boy - eight years later. According to Sathya Sai, Dikshit had irregularly recorded Shirdi Baba's statement from memory at a later date.

Given that this explanation is central to his claim of being the reincarnation, isn't it far too convenient?




Copyright © Sai Baba EXPOSED! 2005-2007. Discuss this post!

Return To Main Page

7 Comments:

  • The point is....eight years after 1918(When Sri Shirdi Baba left the body) would be 1926 when Sathya Sai Baba was born (according to 'records').

    Who really knows if Sathya Sai Baba was born in 1926? He might have been born a little earlier or a little later! Very convenient to say eight years and manipulate the year of birth to 1926.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04 October, 2006 19:52  

  • There is sufficient evidence to question Sathya Sai's date of birth, I will shortly be writing something about this. He is believed to have been born on 10th October 1929. No prizes for guessing why his D.O.B. was put back three years. ;-)

    By Blogger Swami Saiexposedananda, at 06 October, 2006 03:57  

  • I am from the United States. I had a dream that I lived with Shirdi Sai Baba. In 1977, when I was 9 years old, a psychic told my mom to buy me a rare book. she did. it was Sri Sai Satcharitra, the book about the life of Sai Baba. The young me read some of it then got bored. In 1992, I prayed to God to use me in his plan. After that, Sathya Sai Baba, unknown to me at the time, appeared in dreams now and then for a couple years. I learned about him in 1998. I went to see him and he knew me and blessed me. In 18 months of twice daily darshans I never saw his ego.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18 July, 2008 01:25  

  • Hi Tim,

    I felt the exact same as you, until I looked deeply into the matter and found that all the pieces didn't fit together.

    By Blogger Swami Saiexposedananda, at 18 July, 2008 01:39  

  • Sai Satcharitra is the original recorded book of Shiridi Sai Baba and his devotees, and it has been written by a Devotee who spent time with him in his life time.

    I do have some personal experiences with Shiridi Sai Baba, he stands to his words that he would protect those who trust in him and it happened to me man y times.

    On my first visit to Shiridi, I was trying to identify the locations mentioned in the book, and could not locate the house of Lakshmi Bai. A fakir dressed like Baba came before me and showed the house. I was stunned as I was thinking in my mind, never said a word to anyone. My family asked me what happened and I explained them the fact and turned around to talk to that fakir. he could not be traced.

    I wanted to find my guru, and tried to read and understand the sayings of others, surprisingly, I could not. All these years, I could read only Sai Satcharitra.

    Considering that the saint has passed away nearly a century back, if we can still experience his miracles, he is indeed a great saint.

    I dont trust on one who say that they are saint and ask for money, not small amounts, but huge amounts.

    By Blogger Kiran, at 02 August, 2008 16:49  

  • Hi Kiran,

    yes it is inexplicable how many people report incidences occurring in their lives and attribute them to Shirdi Baba, nearly a century after his passing.

    By Blogger Swami Saiexposedananda, at 02 August, 2008 17:10  

  • SHIRDI SAI BABA HAS BEEN STATED TO SAY TO SITARAM DIXIT ABOUT APPEARING AS AN EIGHT YEAR OLD BOY IN FUTURE WHICH IS NOT TESTIFIED BY ANYONE.THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT OF HEMADPANT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED WHETHER IT IS TESTIFIED OR NOT.IT IS CLEAR THAT SHIRDI SAI BABA HAS NOT STATED THAT HE SHALL RETURN AFTER EIGHT YEARS.THE CLAIM OF RATNAKARAM SATYANARAYA RAJU THAT SITARAM DIXIT HAS NOT HEARD CLEARLY IS A HARDCORE LIE TO CHEAT THE PUBLIC WHO HAVE FLOCKED TO HIM AS DEVOTEES.AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS SUBJECT HAS TO BE THOROUGHLY MADE,WHICH I THINK IS NECESSARY TO PROVE THE FACTS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 April, 2011 10:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home